Wednesday, March 07, 2007

HALF-MARATHON vs MARATHON PACE

Now that the half-mary is behind me, I had to figure out what my marathon pace will be... According to the Equivalent time Calculator I could run a 4h33 marathon!! WOW that would just be amazing!! =) That's why I've decided to target 10:20-30 min/mile for my pace runs (compared to 10 min/mile for the half).

It's been a big week so far with the race on Sunday and having only Monday off I feel like I haven't stop at all!! Tuesday's run was very hard, I was still sore from the race and going up and down the stairs hurt! The good things is that weather has warmed up and we're looking at a GREAT week-end (8oC). Thank god because I will be running 17 miles on Saturday and I wasn't looking forward to it!!

Here's this week's recap:
Tuesday 4 miles @ 11:09 min/mile
Wednesday 7 miles @ 10:22 min/miles (PACE)
Thursday 4 miles @ 11:31 min/mile

Have a good week-end everyone! =)

1 comment:

Born To Endure said...

hey Sonia..have you ever tried running at Malden park?? They have some great hills and some great trails there...not far from the Ambassador Bridge too...might be an option!!