Saturday, September 16, 2006

A WEEK WITHOUT RUNNING IS....

Hard. Seriously, I've been thinking about running everyday, every second for the past week. It was difficult to see other runners just running freely and pain free... I felt so JEALOUS.

I was also down all week for other reasons than not being able to run.... first of all, I was dumped (over the phone!) by Mr. Smily... and our Grad secretary screwed up our GA contracts and we didn't get paid on Friday... and we won't get paid until the 29 of September!! Wow this whole thing sucks! It was just a really bad week and I couldn't pass my frustrations and sadness in running.... Enough said...

So, I wanted to end my miserable week on a better note, I got up and went to the gym although I HATE THE GYM. The good thing is that there was nobody and I was able to spend 1h30 on the elliptical and "run" 10 miles without pain, well just a little bit at the end, still it made me really happy. It wasn't the 20 miler planned for today but doing half of it is better than doing nothing... and I know, now, my limits and I need to work around them if I want to run the marathon.

I think this week will be a mix of elliptical training and running and then next Saturday is my Half-Marathon and I will not see it as a RACE but as TRAINING....

Happy running (you damn lucky runners!)

1 comment:

yumke said...

You are a runner, don't forget that. Good luck on getting back on track and don't overdo it in your half.