Friday, September 08, 2006

SHORTER RUNNING WEEKS

I have been cutting my running to 3 days a week instead of 4... it has been mentally difficult for me to do that. I love to run, it allows me to think, focus and relax so I've been feeling a little under the weather since then. I did my 9 miler on Monday, walked 4 miles on Wednesday and ran 5 miles on Thursday. I will be attempting the 18 miler tomorrow morning and see how far I can go without knee pain. I will not be pushing on it, they clearly told me that it wasn't worth it to hurt yourself and not be able to run the marathon at all... I'm in "peace" with that and understand why.... (as peaceful as I can be... ;-) )

This morning, I was talking to Magda, a kinesiologist who works with my physiotherapist, about my anxiety towards my lower mileage and fear of not being able to complete the marathon... and she was really re-asssuring, saying that I've been putting on heavy mileage since May (beginning of my half-marathon training) and that I shouldn't worry about that. She thinks that I will finish the marathon and not even feel pain!! She says on Race Day the adrenaline replaces all and with all the people cheering at you makes you forget about the pain. I really felt great knowing that from a professional.

No comments: