Friday, January 25, 2008

MY FAVORITE PLACE: THE BEACH
So, I'm off to Miami tonight! I cannot wait to be in the warm weather and sitting on the beach!! =) I think I brought all I need (sunblock, sunglasses, sundresses... etc. ;-) hahaha)

Today the weather is highly disgusting (-23 oC with windchill) sooooo I'm loving this little escape from winter! I ran 2.5 miles on Tuesday and kinda hurt my foot... it was like my ankle froze and then when I took the next step, I kinda heard a crack and it hurt. After running for a little bit it got better but not back to normal... After icing it that night and the next day, it felt a little better so I wanted to test it for a short run (3.1 miles) on Thursday. The ankle did not hurt but it didn't feel "normal" or like usual. sigh... I'm just hoping it won't bother me during the half-marathon. Anyhow! I'm leaving soon and I'll catch up with all of you bloggers when I come back!! Except for Laurel who I will meet during my Miami stay!!! =)
Happy Running!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Perhaps I will see you in Miami as well on Sunday!

Best of luck and enjoy your stay here!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Bring back some warmer temps, I think you can fit that in your bags! Good luck with the run.

David Rodriguez Roures said...

I hope that you are not problems of the foot and you enjoy a lot of sunshine and the beach, often change from cold to heat, enjoy your day, a greeting.

Marcy said...

HAVE FUN SONIA!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Laurel said...

Yay! can't wait to meet you. The weather down here is beautiful right now. You're going to have a blast!

Sonia said...

Thanks everyone! I had a lot of fun in Miami, I will try and write my report tonight. I am just so bummed out to be back in the cold!! lol