Sunday, June 17, 2007

GREAT BUSY WEEK!

I've been very busy work wise this past week. I worked all week-end too.... but there is something very nice about being able to work on my balcony and using my laptop so I'm not complaining too much =)

My goal this week was to run Tues-Thurs and Sat-Sun well I almost achieved it =)

I ran 3 miles on Tuesday and 4 miles on Wed and Thursday. There was a race in Windsor on Saturday evening which I have been eyeing for a while but wasn't sure I would do it. I had no car to drive to the race so I just decided to bike there (20K total). It was good to try the bike-run-bike as I'm looking into competing in my first duathlon at the end of the summer (run-bike-run though)!

I did the same race last year, it was my first 10K and I ran my 2nd last night. Thank god it was a lot cooler this year compared to last year. Nothing much to report about the race itself, I had a good time and a nicekick near the end. I passed 3 people in the last 0.5K so that made me feel good =) Official time is 1:01:14 so about 7 mins faster than last year! Isn't amazing what a PB can do for you spirit?

Happy running all!

6 comments:

Arcane said...

congrats on the PB. Almost sub 1 hour.

Michelle said...

Way to go on your PB!!!! Someday I hope to run a 10K as fast as you!!!

Marcy said...

Thanks for stopping by!!

Awesome job on the PR!!!! Wow! 7 minutes!! That's GREAT!!

That running shirt below is pretty cute too! I want one! LOL

yumke said...

A 7 minute PR.. and a duathlon? that sounds like fun.. (not me.. not this year, at least)

Taunya said...

Congrats! and 7 minutes faster than last year, that is something worth cheering about.

Laurel said...

Wow, thats a great time! Congratulations!
I wish I had some cooler weather :(