Monday, October 30, 2006

EVER HEARD OF PRLS???

To steal an expression that Kristi came up with, it means: Post-Race Letdown Syndrome!!! When I read her post on What to do next? I felt like she was taking thoughts from my head and putting it on paper. When you've trained so hard for months and the race is now over, you realized that there is nothing you HAVE to do because you don't have a running schedule anymore... you pretty much don't know what to do with yourself! I love having some sort of structure and training plans work well for me.... As much as I want to run another marathon soon, still feeling the marathoner high here, the perspective of training like crazy in the middle of winter is not pleasant at all. So, a spring marathon is out of the way for me. I'm hesitating between running the Detroit or Chicago marathon next year... we'll see... until next October, I have to find a race and commit to it!! I'm going crazy here! =)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Yeah! My term is catching on already! I'm so excited. Think it'll appear in the next update to the medical dictionaries?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Good luck finding another race. Have you considered doing a half in the spring? You'd still be training during the cold, but with less miles it wouldn't be as bad.

Sonia said...

Thanks guys, I'm still so hesitant about committing to a spring marathon that I think I'll just have to go with a half. Lot less time consuming! =)