Saturday, July 19, 2008

LONGEST RUN SINCE THE CORTISONE INJECTION

Very happy to have that done, only 4 miles but that was enough for me (and Rocky!) this morning. Close to 34 °C with the humidity, that literally killed us! We were Slow, 52 mins @ 12:58 min/mile, with a capital S but at least we were not sitting on the couch eating crap!!

I have put on 25 lbs in the last 8 months, combine the foot issues with finishing a Ph.D. thesis and that's what it does to you. I am working hard on getting back in shape and my brand new and shiny bike will be a big motivator for me.

Here's the new race target: Triathlon de Montréal an Olympic tri on September 13rd. I got a novice training schedule on the internet and this is what my plan will look like. Replacing the Tuesday with the Monday since the pool here only has lanes on Tuesday and Thiursday. Lots of fun to come =)

8 comments:

E said...

Awesome job on getting out there and getting it done!

Tea said...

It doesn't matter how fast you run. The important thing is that you get out there and do it. The heat is tough. Just imagine how you'll do when it cools off!

Marcy said...

So are you going to ditch me forever too? All you runners turning tri left and right ;-) Only playing! I'm supa excited for you chica!! Bring on the next Triathlon!

TNTcoach Ken said...

I'm with Marcy, don't go over to the other side...Is that 25 lbs in Canadian?

Alexandra said...

Great for you for getting that run in! Stay positive!

Check out my post "Meaning of Medals" posted today! I tagged you to find out your opinion!

BeachRunner said...

Nice job on the run. You are right to go slow, cross train, and ease back into running gradually. And you definitely got yourself a nice set of wheels. Riding that bike will reduce the stress to your tootsies fer sure. Good luck training for the tri.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good run since the cortisone injection. And, who cares about speed in the heat!! I realized this morning as I ran early enough to beat the normal heat I run in, that it sure is easier in the cool air. Don't worry about your pace...just running in that temperature is making you stronger!

A new race on the calendar...how fun!

b said...

Congratulations on the purchase of the new Jamis tri-bike last week Sonia! Hopefully you have had a chance by now to ride the new bike and really feel the difference? I have been trying to talk my wife into get a new tri-bike this year but she wants to see how Steelhead 70.3 goes before making an investment :-)

Have a great day!

Brian