Saturday, July 05, 2008

MIXED FEELINGS REGARDING THE "FOOT"...

It's been 12 days since I had the cortisone injection and altough I am not in pain anymore and I stopped limping when I get up in the morning. I can feel that the foot is not back to normal. As weird as this sounds, I have to learn to walk properly again! Since, November I had been dealing with the PF and switched my way of walking so that I would not put much weight on my foot... well, this brilliant idea is now biting me in the ass, because my ankle feels weird now that I can put all my weight on the foot again!! Anyway, not sure I am totally clear but bottom line is: foot is fuc*ed! LOL


I got up early this morning, 8AM is early for me these days (!!!), and did the Learn To Run (LTR) with my Dad. It was his 3rd time doing the 6 mins running and 1 min walking (5X). He's doing really well, I'm pretty proud of him, we're moving on to 8 mins next week! I'm trying to find us a 5K race in early August as I think he will be ready.

For the first K of the run, the foot was weird but it got better and I finished the 3.85K without pain. I think I will be fine! No limping so far yay! Tomorrow, I'll do a brick workout and see how I can handle the bike-run. I also want to practise my transition... Granny better old on! LOL


Hope everyone will have a great day =)

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Hmmmmmm good and bad news about the foot. Sounds weird?!? But I DO understand what you're saying LOL

And how cute are you and your Dad. I hope you guys find a 5K! How cute will that be!

BeachRunner said...

Hi Sonia. Thanks for stopping by my blog and the kind words. I hope your foot feels better soon. Good luck with that and I look forward to reading about your road to the 5k with your Dad. That will be special.

Michelle said...

Isn't it amazing that when one little thing goes wrong on your body that it can f*** so much up?

I hope the foot gets better and you walk normally again soon. And yay for your dad!! He'll be racing in no time!