Saturday, November 03, 2007

PITY PARTY AND RANT....

So, it seems that it's one thing after the other to prevent me from running. The mono, a cold and now this foot issue.... It has started about a week ago, I didn't want to write about it because I thought that the extra rest due to the cold would make it magically disappear... yeah I know stupid... so the problem is that my heel hurts when I put pressure on it. So, I just walked on the tip of my toes on this foot during the week. Yesterday, the foot felt a bit better and I got my new toy so I decided to test my heel for a 3 miler. Since the run, I can't even put my own weight on my heel without sharp pain. =( Anyway, now I'm super down and I can't run and I'm definitely throwing myself a pity party but sometimes that's what you need.... Right now, it's icing for 10 mins every hour (says Dr. Mom) and see how it feels tomorrow.

On to the next part of this post, the "Rant".... So, since my heel hurts and I can't run or really walk much on it (still have to walk the pooch). I figured I should get it checked by a doctor... Well, being an out-of-province patient totally F'ing SUCKS. That means I will have to pay from my own pocket to get any X-Ray done or any other test that a doctor ask me to do. And my government only reimburse me 50% of any bills I pay. And it takes... oh yeah maybe 6-8 months to get reimbursed!! So, I'm getting screwed. Anyway, I know it'S way worse in the States so sorry for my US friends, you must still think I'm pretty lucky but it annoys me... Ok, well sorry for this really pessimistic post I guess tomorrow will be a better day.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I had the same issue a couple years ago. I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. Your symptoms sound exactly like mine did.

Here's a link explaining what it is:

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00149

I can't remember how long it took for me to feel better, but I don't think it was more than a month.

Hope you feel better soon!!!

Arcane said...

Yes, sounds like plantar facititis. Heal soon and hope it isn't something more serious.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sonia, I am so sorry you're having this trouble. I hope it's not fasciitis and will go away soon.

- The Steve

TNTcoach Ken said...

Sorry to hear about your foot but the rest will do you some good. Have it checked out to be safe. On the bright side this is the time of year when your body needs rest to recover.

Laurel said...

Ugh, that sticks. Rest and Ice, rest and ice.

Marky Mark said...

Too bad but at least it is AFTER your race. I also had that injury and related Achilles problems and in hindsight I'd say that rushing it was a mistake. Take off some time, ice it, maybe get some physio on it, and reassess in a month!

Sonia said...

Thanks everyone for the support. I've been pretty good about the not-running thing... but it is slowly driving me insane!!!!!!!!!!!