Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dr. SONIA!!!

Sorry for the delay, no need to worry, I did successfully defend my thesis on Tuesday morning!!! I am now officially Dr. Sonia!!! YAY!! So happy but still SO BUSY!!! I have some revisions to do and I'm leaving Windsor on Tuesday morning, so I've been working very hard on making sure the thesis is ready to be submitted before I move out!

My whole family came for the defense, it was very nice =) And I think part of my lucky charms as everything went really well!!
This is a picture of me and my advisor, I will miss him a lot. A very great researcher and taught me so much in the last 5 years.


Running has taken a back seat and my 2 miler yesterday hurt my PF... this really sucks!!! The things that sucks even more is that I've ran out of funds for the chiropractor and will have to pay for it with my own money (and I'm now unemployed... so yeah fun lol).

Anyway, I will try and catch up with you guys tonight while watching the game or this week-end! GO HABS GO!!!

8 comments:

jellypepper said...

A GINORMOUS CONGRATULATIONS DR SONIA!
just another amazing thing you've accomplished, and i suspect certainly not the last.

keep up the good work, sister. and you can pick up the running later. you deserve a break, so kick up your feet, have a drink and cheer on the habs!

Marcy said...

WOW! CONGRATS CHICA!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! ;D ;D I'm going to have to call you Dr S from now on ;-)

TNTcoach Ken said...

Doctor, it hurts when I do this…. Congratulations. What’s a Hab? The Red Wings better get their butts in gear.

yumke said...

Congrats, Dr. Sonia!

Arcane said...

Congratulations Doctor! Well done!

Michelle said...

Yay! Congrats, Dr. Sonia!!!!!!!

How exciting! What does the next chapter hold for you?

Runner Leana said...

Dr. Sonia - that's terrific! Congratulations!

Sonia said...

Thanks everybody!!! Feels pretty good to be a Dr.!! hahaha

Ken: HABS = Montreal Canadiens (Short for HABITANTS!)