Sunday, October 14, 2007

1 YEAR AGO ALREADY!

That I became a marathoner! Today was the Toronto Marathon and it was and extra special run for me. I kept thinking how far I've gone with my running in a year. Lots of races: 2 marathons, 3 half-marathons, one 30K, one 10 miler, three 10K and two 5K. Ouf that is a lot!! I can say that I am as ready as I can be with only 4 weeks of training for the Detroit Half. I ran those 10 miles in 1h53 (11:20 min∕mile).

I met a French guy while running today, that totally made my day! We started talking around mile 5.5 and then chatted our way to the next 4 miles! It was great, made me completely forget about my legs being heavy and my body hurting. And I got to speak some French in Windsor so that always makes me happy!

Taper week is coming my way, Rocky and I will enjoy the lower mileage!! =)

7 comments:

yumke said...

You have had a busy running year! Great work and i'm glad you're back at it.. there will be many more runs in your future..

Anonymous said...

awesome blog! congrats!

http://runningroomsucks.blogspot.com

Marcy said...

That is an impressive running resume! Make me wonder what kind of numbers we'll be looking at in 10 years LOL

Laurel said...

Yay! Happy anniversary! You have come a long way this year.

I think you should totally do Miami! It's a beautiful course (except for when it's pouring like last year) and it will be a nice break from the cold winter since it will more than likely be in the 70's (F). You can totally find a good hotel for a decent price. If you are going to stay longer than a day or two, maybe look on the beach, since there is not much to do in downtown. Just a thought. :)

TNTcoach Ken said...

I forgot to comment on your taper week! With the schedule that you and I have, shouldn’t it be taper day?

Michelle said...

Oooh la la for the Frenchman! ;-)

That is one hell of a racing year you've had. Here's to another year full of races and fun!

Marky Mark said...

Have an enjoyable and successful race this weekend!