Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I'M LOVING THE INDIAN SUMMER!!!

This is my new training plan (since running is out of the schedule still):

Mon/Wed/Fri = Bike days (between 30 mins and 1h)
Tues/Thur = Swim days
Sunday = Strength training

It's been totally gorgeous here for the past 3 days! I had to take advantage of it, so I took Bijou out of her hibernation for a ride today, 31 miles in 2h23. A little slower than last August (2h18) but the wind was a killer coming back. I was planning to do 1h but the weather was so awesome that I kept going for just 1 more mile LOL

Yesterday, I went to the pool and did 2K in 47 mins. My fastest time so far... that cute guy I was chasing definitely motivated me ;-) On Sunday, I did some strenght training... which was the first time in about 6 months LOL I'm on my way to recovery folks! I just need to be patient and not miss running too much (which I do... so much...)

On another note, my Dad and I were watching the US election night yesterday and we were so happy that Obama won so easily (I thought it would be much closer!). I cried a little, I am not black or anything but it gives me hope for the future. That racism will be over someday, maybe I am naive... but anyone can dream.... right?

Have a good running week everybody! Run for me!

12 comments:

Marci said...

I have been loving this mild weather! Hope it hangs on for most of Nov/Dec!

Laurel said...

We're happy here too...for the most part.

Glad to hear you have a good training plan underway! The strength training will help make you feel a lot stronger. I always feel so great after lifting a few times.

Legs and Wings said...

It's been perfect in NS too; beautiful warm weather! Wouldn't it be awesome if it would only last through spring?

Swimming and biking will only improve your running. Keep it up! Good luck.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Sounds like someone has a plan which is always a good start. Let's hope that a lot of the isms are over with.

Marcy said...

Ahhhhh it HAS been nice, hasn't it? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great plan! This time of year is the best for enjoying your training!!

Vava said...

Man, I'm just catching up on your blog, and feel for your heel. My foot pain seems mild compared to what you are going through, and yet it is so frustrating not being able to run. The plantar fasciitis thing can linger forever, it seems, and I hope that your recovery happens as planned and you are able to run again when you want to. Keep up with the cross-training!

Also, Obama's victory is not only good as far as race relations go, but also becuase he genuinely seems to be an intelligent and charismatic leader with a vision for the future of his country, and the planet. I hope he stays safe since he is bound to piss a lot of powerful people off.

Marlene said...

Glad you were able to take advantage of the weather. Keep up that cross-training - it WILL pay off.

BeachRunner said...

Great job with the cross training. You are doing so well. Bravo!

Jordan said...

I'm kinda disappointed you're not black...

Kidding. I was over the moon to see Obama win. When we were in Chicago we could really feel the winds of change coming and I was very hopeful for this outcome! Now to see what will unfold in the coming years.

Sounds like a great training plan. Have you thought about putting just one more strength training session in there? Not sure what you're doing for strength but if say on Sunday you're doing an overall conditioning (upper and lower body free weights?) you could try and sneak a mid-week core session in (20 minutes of plank and abs type exercises?). It might even be a way to break up your spin session. 15 mins spin, 20 mins core, 15 mins spin!

Have fun with the new schedule - and congrats on that super quick 2k!!

Unknown said...

Great job on the workout!

yumke said...

Your training plan is looking more and more like a triathlete's program - minus running.

I'll run a few kilometres in your honour..