Monday, October 06, 2008

TECHNO?

Me not so much.... It took me awhile to switch to the new blogger version and now there are these "Follower" thing.... what the heck is that?

If you follow me and I follow you, who are we following? Who will be our Guru?!

Anyway, I've been pretty busy in the last few days on a low intensity training schedule anyway... nothing very exciting except my Dad's fastest mile ever today 11:55 min/mile during fartlek =)

Wed: 20K bike @ 51 mins
Thur: 1K swim @ 25 mins
Fri: 5K with Dad @ 41 mins
Sat: 25K bike @ 67 mins
Sun: REST
Mon: 3.5K Fartlek with Dad & Rocky (Dad's first time!)

I've also turned into Rachel Rae... or the equivalent of a cooking machine!
I made a few delicious recipes:
Pasta with lobster, wild mushrooms and cream
Butternut squash soup and with roasted red pepper puree
Spicy dill pickes

And some of the weirdest taste ever too... can't always win!!
Carribean pumpkin and black bean soup
Spiced Pumpkin soup


So yeah that's about what's going im my non exciting life!

16 comments:

Laurel said...

Yay Daddy!!

And those recipes sound delicious. Pasta with Lobster! Yum!

Runner Leana said...

Pasta with lobster? That sounds good!

J~Mom said...

I guess it's a new way to keep track of your blogs! I am trying to switch over to the new "follower" method but it's taking me some time to get used to!!

Marci said...

Great blog, that soup makes me suddenly hungry. I'm rather jealous that you are running Miami. I wanted to run that marathon this past year but couldn't convince the Hubs!

Alexandra said...

Your recipes sound tasty, especially the lobster and pasta dish! Did you buy and cook a lobster?

Marcy said...

I'm following you! It's actually really cool because it works with Reader.

BeachRunner said...

I like your training schedule. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

yea, the following thing is cool because i was able to follow all my blogs in my google reader. now i'm a big time stalker!!

Yum - come cook for me :b

TNTcoach Ken said...

Be careful of what you ask for. Excitement isn't all it's cracked up to be, Chef Sonia.

Tea said...

I think it's the blind leading the blind! I still haven't quite figured out if it's different than google reader.

b said...

Don't worry about the techy stuff Sonia...but reading your note has made me very, very hungry :-)

Runner Leana said...

I tagged you! Check out my blog for the details...

Unknown said...

Great job for your Dad. I'm thinking of running a 5k with my Dad next year. He lives in NC and I'm here in GA so that makes it harder, but great idea!

And the following thing is weird. Does that mean that I don't have to list them out on my blog and yet I'll still see updates? So confusing!

Taunya said...

Yeah, I need to figure out the following thing! Even though it's early in the morning you've got me wanting real food!

Sonia said...

Girl on top -I'm sure racing with your Dad will be super fun!! =)

She who makes waves -We cooked lobsters the day before and we had leftovers... =)

Trishie said...

Mmmmm.... care to mail some of that food my way? ;)