Thursday, July 12, 2007

BACK FROM BEAUTIFUL NEWFOUNDLAND

This is truly a gorgeous part of our country, if you have a chance to visit do not hesitate. There is lots to do and people are really very friendly. It is definitiely not the warmest spot in Canada but you can't have everything. I was very unlucky weather wise, it was pouring rain the whole time (5/7 days). I ran once, 3.5 miles in pouring rain at 6:30 AM after a night of drinking on George Street.... so not my best run. Did I mention it is hilly there? Well, even on what they consider "flat" ground felt like a hill to me! I think this city must be full of strong runners as they are doing hill workout whether they want it or not.

I'm going over to Toronto this week-end to race the Nissan 10 miler. I was happy to see that Yumke, Fran, Amanda and Jelly will also be there and we'll try to meet for brunch after the race. I'm just hoping to run this race at a comfortable pace (10-10:30 min/mile) and enjoy myself.
This is probably my last race of the summer =( Money is so thight now that I will have to cancel some races I really wanted to do but hadn't registered (Run from Cancer organized by Shelley and Crim Road Race). Oh what kind of sacrifices you would do to travel half the country to see your BF...

6 comments:

Marcy said...

Dang this Blogger! I just had a nice comment typed out and it gave me poo!

Anyway, It does look very chilly there, but also very beautiful! Good for you getting your run in even if it was hills and you had a night of drinking hehe!

That bottom pic is adorable!!! Definitely one to frame ;D

Unknown said...

Its summer and July where are the shorts and T-shirts? Okay, it’s really up North from here. Sorry to hear you’ll miss the Crim, I’ll have a beer for you!

TNT Coach Ken

jellypepper said...

See you this Sunday! You'll do great.

Arcane said...

Nice pics! See you on Sunday!

Laurel said...

I hear you on the money issues. Summer is always tight for some reason.

Newfoundland looks beautiful! Glad to hear you had a nice time.

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

The pics are great, and the medal from your 10k race is very cool. Glad you kept blogging--and running--after your marathon. Nice to read about your running. Tom

http://blog.runnerslounge.com