Wednesday, December 24, 2008

JOYEUX NOËL ~ MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
I've been a bad blogger and haven't updated my blog since I came back from Windsor on Sunday. I haven't been doing much exercice wise so I felt I had nothing to report...

But I FINALLY fixed my bike trainer (well my Dad fixed it!) so I will be able to hop back on tomorrow! I will be doing one of Leana short speed training from her coach's training schedule as she kindly sent me the info.

I will be doing my first run in 2 months tomorrow to celebrate Christmas and see where my foot is at. I don't have any plantar fasciitis pain anymore. I do feel my ankle is weird but as the doctor told me this is a normal healing process after suffering from PF for more than a year and changing my walking to put less pressure on my heel.

I won't be starting back full force, I learned my lesson with the first cortisone injection. I have a plan.... I will get back to running with 2 easy runs per week maximum, the rest will be done on the bike and back in the pool (which is close for Christmas right now).

My goal is to participate in my favorite event of the year as a relay participant (I'm not that insane, 30K is way too much coming back from an injury!). I will be doing the first 15K while my friend Pat will be doing the last 15K. I am thinking that even if I am not at a 15K long run by the end of March, I can still run as far as I can and walk the rest. This will be my comeback race!! WOOHOO!! =) Our team name will be "Footloose and fancy feet" as she also had a foot problem (stress fracture).

I've also had some great news on the job front!!! The interview where I thought I did so horribly.... well I GOT THE JOB!!!!!! I couldn't believe it when the women from the City of Montreal called me yesterday! I went to meet some of the people I would work with this morning and everyone was really nice and welcoming to me. I did tell them, I had another job offer on the table so I needed time to decide. And she told me I have until January 12 to make a decision. This is a totally different job than the post-doc in Ottawa. I would not be in the laboratory doing research, I would be working on analysing atmospheric and aquatic pollutants and changing laws accordingly. Seems very interesting but also very different than what I know (change is scary!) while the post-doc would be lab research which I have done for the last 5 years.
The position at the City of Montreal is a unionized position as a chemist at the City of Montreal. It is well paid, very flexible hours and a permanent position.... it will be very hard to decide. Very thankful this is Christmas time and I have more time to think about it.... Anyhow, I will stop here, it is 5AM and I'Ve been up since 3AM. Thinking about my job dilemma LOL Time to go back to bed!!

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, enjoy the time with your families, they are what Holidays are all about =)

11 comments:

Laurel said...

yay! That's great news Sonia! What a wonderful dilema to have. Merry Christmas to you.

Alexandra said...

I enjoyed reading your post this morning! You have lots of good things to look forward to! I will be curious to know what route you choose with regards to the job offers.

Merry Christmas to you!

Marlene said...

Goood luck on your run - here's hoping for no pain! I love the idea of ATB as a comeback... hope to see you there. Love the team name too! LOL

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Congrats on the job offer, and hope your run goes well! I'm hoping i'll be well enough to run ATB as well! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the job. That's great news.

And I love your relay team's name. That rocks.

Merry Christmas. :-)

Iron H said...

Merry Christmas to you as well. Congrats on your new job. That's a great gift coming before tomorrow. Good luck on your run.

E said...

Wonderful news about the job! Yay!

Merry Christmas!

Arcane said...

Congratulations on the job! It's nice to have options. Good luck with the run tomorrow. I hope that your PF is and left behind.
Joyeux Noël and best of luck in 2009!!

yumke said...

Woo hoo! An early christmas present for you. Congrats and it's always good to have choice.

Very cool you're doing the around the bay. I feel so out of shape forthat at this point but i'll get there..

Marky Mark said...

4:46am?!

Merry Christmas!

Sonia said...

Thanks everybody! I'm very sight with the opportunity to choose a job instead of taking the first one's coming my way. I am still undecided but I think I have plenty of time!